More than 200 of our employees at Eiffage Construction Benelux have contributed to the Solidarity Week: some have prepared and distributed meals to the most deprived, others have made furniture from recycled pallets, or even planted in a nursery, tinkered for children and disadvantaged youth, ... various and committed causes!
After the success of the first edition in 2018, we can once again celebrate this Solidarity Week 2020. A big thank you to all the associations that welcomed the volunteers of Eiffage Benelux with open arms and made this new edition a great success.
New solidarity actions will be held for the 3rd edition to come!
A few projects that our volunteers participated in at a glance:
- Betonne Jeugd (Antwerp): social integration of disadvantaged young people and young people with problems which do not correspond to the existing labour supply for young people.
- Kamiano (Antwerp - Brussels): Kamiano provides about a thousand meals a week to the homeless in Antwerp, Brussels and Liège.
- Solidarity pallets (Brussels, Stree and Ghent): The objective of the organisation is to create furniture from recycled wooden pallets, which will start a beautiful "second life" in an ASBL or a school.
- Villa Clementina (Zemst): integrated and inclusive childcare for young children with and without disabilities.
- Natuurpunt Blankenberge: The largest nature reserve in West Flanders situated in the vast polder landscape between Blankenberge and Wenduine. Eiffage was responsible for the collection of waste in the Fonteintjes.
- Vzw Stappen: A shelter for young girls between the ages of 14 and 21, placed by the youth court or through voluntary help.
- Ecole la Petit Source (Bossut): This school offers special education for children with learning difficulties