The three floats of this park were assembled in our plant in Fos-sur-Mer. These tripod-shaped structures have two submersible buoys at their ends, between which is an innovative anchoring system with tensioned lines. They are 45 m high and will support wind turbines capable of producing 8.4 MW.
After months of work, the moment of their launching has arrived. One by one, the three floats are loaded onto a submersible barge, launched and then towed to the Graveleau quay and then to the Gloria quay in the port area of Fos-sur-Mer, where the last wind turbine components are being installed. This is the final step before the wind turbines are placed at sea, 17 km off the coast.
Many thanks to EDF Renouvelables and SBM Offshore for their confidence!
- Prefabrication of the central column in the production halls of Eiffage Métal in Fos-sur-Mer
- Assembly by Eiffage Métal & Smulders
- Design of the floats and manufacture of the sub-elements composing the floats by SBM Offshore
- Design & installation of the anchoring system by SBM Offshore and IFP Energies Nouvelles
- Design & fabrication of the masts by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Project management of the float launching and mooring operations in the port by SBM Offshore
Did you know? The difference in colour (yellow-grey) of the floats delineates the waterline. The PGL project floats will be immersed at -35 m.