Encouraging innovation is one of the major drivers of the Eiffage Group’s development. Eiffage Construction and its employees are actively involved, notably through the Start.box. This tool, made available by the Department of Sustainable Development and Transverse Innovation, has the objectives of organizing thematic campaigns of call for ideas, to generate, gather and share innovative ideas, and to reward and implement the best ideas.
The Northwest region has launched campaigns on 5 themes. After a pre-selection made by the jury at the beginning of January, the pre-selected collaborators had the opportunity to defend their idea by «pitching» on 31 January 2020. Subsequently, the winners were announced before the eyes of all the collaborators who participated, the members of the Management Committee and Marie Tabarly, navigator and guest of honor.
Chosen by a jury composed of Edouard Dubost, Director Eiffage Construction Northwest, Christian Birbaud, Director Eiffage Construction Southwest, Xavier Julien, Director Prevention Eiffage Construction, Fabien Darchis, Technical Director Eiffage Construction, and Francois Dapilly, Sustainable Innovation Project Leader, the winning projects are:
- Prevention: vertical compass support trolley project,
- construction and ATT (Technical Field work Improvement): chute project to avoid concrete pouring,
- Environmental Initiative and All Categories: water fountains system installation project,
- differentiating offer: project of an ALL-IN purchase support offer to individual customers,
- well-being at work: project of concierge at work.
To these 5 winners was added the «Public Favourite» prize, for a project presented on the theme Environmental Initiative concerning rainwater recovery on construction sites. Discover the winners in video: https://youtu.be/t4QZXGi-IFE
At the event, and always in an effort to encourage and share innovation, 4 start-ups were able to present their activities to employees :
- Mapwize produces interior maps for connected buildings
- V-Cult offers immersive solutions to boost business performance
- E-lamp makes it possible to identify all the skills of employees of large and medium enterprises, in real time
- Stereograph produces solutions from BIM Operations maintenance
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all our Eiffage Construction employees who participated in this participatory and innovative approach, which allows us to multiply innovation proposals to solve a problem, improve a situation, or open up new horizons!