In Kuwait, Eiffage Génie Civil Marine with its korean partners Hyundai E&C and SK recently received the « 2018 HSSE ( Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environment) award » delivered Mr Halem Al Awasi, acting CEO of Kuweit Integrated Petroleum Industries Company (KIPIC), for the marine infrastructures project of the Al Zour refinery.
The award has been given by KIPIC on the basis of the 6 following criteria, after an evaluation process completed on April 25th 2019 :
- Demonstrated full compliance to Health & Safety Environmental Plan,
- No major incidents or accidents reported for 2018,
- High number of near misses reported during the period of 2018,
- Provided evidence of good safety leadership, instruction & facilities for the employees,
- HSE Manpower trained to high standard as per the contractual requirements,
- Robust safety management arrangements & housekeeping programm compliance.
Eiffage Génie Civil Marine performs, with its Korean partners, the EPC of the marine infrastructures of the mega project of the Al Zour refinery, consisting in a service harbour, a jetty and a wharf dedicated to sulfur export, plus an artificial island founded on deep piles, linked by submarine pipelines to the refinery, dedicated to berthing of tankers loading refined petroleum products.
Photos Credit: Eiffage Branche Infrastructures