Owned by Gecina and designed by the Baumschlager Eberle architectural firm, the project was entrusted to Eiffage Construction in the spring of 2020, and won the MIPIM Awards in the "Best Futura Project" category in 2020.
The renovation of this 33,500 sq. m. floor area and 6,950 sq. m. land area tertiary complex was divided as follows:
- a main building R+9, 110m long on the Avenue de la Grande Armée ;
- two secondary buildings R+9 and R+7 connected perpendicularly on the rear façade of the Grande Armée building;
- a building on rue Pergolèse, R+5;
- 4 basement levels.
In addition to being iconic and impressive, this heavy rehabilitation is exemplary in terms of sustainable development.
It includes :
- 186 flights of stairs designed with a decarbonated cement, made from waste from the steel industry and a binder that emits 7 times less CO2;
- A reduction of 394 tonnes of CO2 emissions thanks to the reuse of more than 81 tonnes of materials;
- The principle of circular economy with a new floor covering created from old façade stones.
In total, more than 60,000 KgCO2 were saved on this site!
These characteristics allow L1ve to aim for the HQE Bâtiment Durable level Exceptional, LEED® Gold minimum, WELL, BiodiverCity® and WiredScore® environmental certifications and labels.
Since 2022, L1ve has been home to the headquarters of the Boston Consulting Group. Two years before the building's delivery, the prestigious consulting firm leased 80% of the space, i.e. 20,500 m2 of offices and 3,000 m2 of services.
Congratulations to our teams for having worked on this extraordinary project, which will be delivered in October 2022, and for having risen to the major challenges that were presented to them!
Delegated project manager: Hines
General contractor: Cicad
Architect: Baumschlager Eberle Architec